Kindersley Klippers Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager
The Kindersley Klippers Jr A Hockey Club of the SJHL invite applicants for the position of Certified Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager.
Under the supervision of the Kindersley Klipper’s Head Coach and General Manager, this position will assist in the prevention, assessment and treatment of injuries, coordination and maintenance of equipment, and athletic performance training for the Kindersley Klippers Hockey team.
- Provide injury evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for team; developing a specific return to play plan for each injury
- Coordinate with physicians/medical personnel on care of players
- Maintaining all medical records pertaining to treatment required and coordination of medical insurance claims
- Providing medical coverage at all practice sessions, games home and away
- Communicating with and directing team medical staff, coaching staff and management on all matters related to player injuries and illnesses
- Team travel for all away games and other related trips as required
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room, locker rooms, and other sites as designated
- Skate sharpening, equipment repair, equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
- Assist with the development of a working budget for the following season based on end of season inventory
- Establish contacts within the league to become familiar with arena regulations and set up, and begin to “network” with equipment manufactures reps and vendors
- Assist the Coaching Staff with team & player development as required, including yearly planning, skill sessions and player meetings
- Develop and maintain an Emergency Action Plan to be distributed to all teams competing in Kindersley.
- Assist with planning and running Kindersley Klippers team tryout camps.
- First Responder training
- First Aid
- Certified Athletic Therapist (CATA)
- Criminal Record Check
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Previous experience with skate sharpening and repair.
- Enthusiasm, knowledge, and commitment to the sport
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Previous administrative support experience is essential
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
Remuneration: Position starting August 2022. The selected candidate is expected to live in Kindersley during hockey season, maintain some office hours in addition to scheduled team time (training, practice & games). Salary is dependent on education, experience, and availability.
Send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org